Sky-Watcher Skymax 102 AZ Gti - The lightweight and highly portable Sky-Watcher SKYMAX-102 (AZ-GTi), has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The AZ-GTi mounting, with it's built-in WiFi module, creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The AZ-GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
The compact but powerful SKYMAX-102 telescope is ideal for the observation of double-stars, and the surface detail of the Moon & bright planets. Its high-resolution, long focal length optical system is multi-coated to maximise contrast and image sharpness.
· AZ-GTi WiFi Go-To Alt-Azimuth Mount (3/8" screw thread)
· Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device, or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
· SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
· SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
· SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)